No OTA for my Droid

Last Updated:

1. jspec1594

jspec1594 New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone still not received the OTA or am I the only one still waiting?

Advertisement
  2. HarryTBags

HarryTBags Member

3. micvachon

micvachon New Member

still none for me... i like waiting for the OTA... but now im becoming impatient.

jspec1594 likes this.
  4. jspec1594

jspec1594 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I agree. Its becoming a little annoying but I think id rather wait. If I don't get it in a few days ill probably manually update it.

5. kevpan815

kevpan815 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to let you guys know that according to someone in the Motorola Droid Sub Forum, all of Trident's Download Mirrors are getting shut down by Google due to DCMA Copy Right Violations, so if you are going to download the OTA Update 1 of 2, you better do it soon!

6. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's worth forcing this time around. Might as well wait for update 2 to come around and avoid some potentially severe bugs.

augusteschwab likes this.
  7. augusteschwab

augusteschwab New Member

Thanks for reinforcing my feeling.

8. silverrocket

silverrocket Member

I got the manual update and I am having some problems getting online at work with wi fi now and it seems a little buggy and websites with flash embeds are very slow and jerky so i wish i had waited

9. Extr3m1st

Extr3m1st Well-Known Member

I am glad I waited, not that desperate for flash access right now which I assume is the main reason people want this release.

10. stormwarz

stormwarz Member

they are not going to push it out until the sell the droid 2, otherwise it would risk their sales, verizon is GREEDY, they have it, but want to sell the new one. I have been using Tridents since his post, I have absoutley NO ISSUES at all with my phone. I did the download through the computer. I have no teather issue as I use PDA Net, and no speed issues. Some are experiencing issues, personally after reading all the forums I believe its what you have on the phone that causes issues, i.e. apps and stuff. I only have Touchdown because of my exchange server, a Wi Fi program, and Pda Net, I dont have any network stack issues and browse all day. You will NOT get this update until the greedy hogs at Verizon make their money off the droid 2. Bet your *ss on that one, it would kill the sales. There going to put the phone for sale in a week or so with 2.2 on it but wont release the update saying its buggy... ya right.

11. snapcase

Sure....

Ya know that update you installed from trident's post? That came from verizon. They have already released the update OTA. There have been mixed rumors as to whether or not they totally halted the ota updates. Some people are apparently still receiving it OTA.

Either way they always do big updates the same way. Start with a small group, see if bugs arise, then continue pushing it to larger and larger groups. If a bug does show up, at least you can catch it before the whole user base gets it, and effectively minimized damage control.

There is no grand conspiracy theory. A bug was revealed and they're fixing it. It happens.

12. Tsquare_True_Player

Tsquare_True_Player Member

What's up everybody, I'm new to this forum and the whole technological get down. I don't want to presume if the apps are causing problems or Froyo, but I've manually downloaded Froyo from Tridents also. My Droid seem a bit slower, scrolling is slightly jerky, and certaind apps are not functioning like before. I regret doing it. That's just my opinion. If any any body has information or instructions on downgrading back to 2.1, please post it. Emailed Trident, but yet to receive a responce. Thank you kindly.

13. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Well Engadget is reporting users are receiving the ota, so be patient and enjoy!

14. mremptywallet

mremptywallet Member

Still no OTA update for me either. Starting to tick me off...:mad:

15. micvachon

micvachon New Member

Still no update for me. I'm still rocking 2.1.

16. Kubbe117

Kubbe117 Member

I tried to download 2.2 but it did not work. I keep getting a Error so i am waiting for OTA i hope its soon.

17. firebrunette

firebrunette New Member

I hate not being the first to have it but I don't want bugs so I will have patience, grasshopper.

18. wnajar

wnajar Well-Known Member

Girlfriend got it two days ago, I still don't have it.

19. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

You know I have to say that this is one downside to Android. You have people getting updates before others. I understand why Verizon does it but they shouldn't. They basically use people's phones as test units to see if bugs arise. That to me tells me they're not doing enough in house testing or rushing to get updates out, which IMHO is a bad bad business practice.

20. cbj5259

cbj5259 Well-Known Member

Hi...I'm new here...and not really tech savvy. I too have not received the ota update. I'm not sure what, if any pattern there is for the rollout. I received the 2.1 update fairly quickly after it was released, however 2.2 has taken much longer. Oh well.

21. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Droid is still being rolled out until the 18th I believe, so you'll get it by then.

22. Deutschebayern

Deutschebayern Member

Hey, what is your source of this information?

23. snapcase

Sadly it doesn't work like that. It isn't just an android thing. If any device with any os needs a major update, they'll roll it out in batches. And they should do it in batches, to do otherwise would be stupid. And it's not bad business practices, it's actually good. You can only catch so much with in house testing. You can't simulate every single scenario that might occur out in the wild. You have to do reasonable testing to the point of the likelihood of serious bugs being very small. Then you have to test it outside the lab. Do it all at once, and if a bug shows up unexpectedly, you have millions of customers with potentially catastrophic bugs instead of only about ten thousand.

The way you want them to do it would be impractical on almost every level.

OnRunning likes this.
  24. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

25. tarv

tarv New Member

2.2 came to my Droid early this morning.