No OTG after Jellybean UpdateSupport

1. FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan Member

Has anyone experienced this? For me neither USB mouse nor keyboard work but they were fine with ICS.

Advertisement
  2. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

I just checked my JB updated 2 7.0 Tab (4.1.1 and not rooted) and a mouse doesn't work with the OTG USB adapter when directly connected to the Tab. I think it did work with ICS but I'm not sure. Using a powered USB Hub it works with both the mouse and USB memory sticks. It didn't work with USB mem sticks directly connected to the Tab with ICS and it reported they required too much power and the 5V power was removed from the USB port. It did power the mouse when directly connected and didn't give any error message but didn't work.
  3. FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan Member

Thanks Rose. Anyone else please?
  4. schand99

schand99 New Member

I can confirm: on Xperia T no usb host function after Jelly Bean Firmware update. I before the firmware update have used the tivizen pico dvb-t stick. Now, after the firmware update, the dvb-t sick did not work. The stick needs usb host function of phone to work
  5. FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan Member

Many thanks for confirming my suspicion. I should add that my SGT2 no longer recognizes memory sticks via the OTG adapter. This is a real bummer.