No paid apps in market

Last Updated:

1. paulrybicki83

paulrybicki83 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just picked up my evo and when i go in the market place i cant see any paid apps. Theres only two tabs top free and just in. What can i do to get the top paid apps tab back. Already reset the phone and that didnt help

Advertisement
  2. mattdouglaschambers

mattdouglaschambers Well-Known Member

Just wait a few the market might be having a hiccup. Or you can download the free AppBrain app to look at the paid ones.

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Are you signed into a Gmail account? Do you have a c/c on file?

4. paulrybicki83

yeah im signed in google and still nothing

5. paulrybicki83

anyone experience this?

6. ScorpDX

No, it works fine on my end. Only thing I can think of and I don't know that it matters but I have one...

Do you have a credit card on file with Google?

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I don't have a CC on file with Google - I have all three tabs as I drill in to any category.

I'm with matt - this must be a hiccup.

Post back if it persists.

Anyway - uh - the best things in life are free???

8. teky

teky Well-Known Member

That's it.

9. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

is you roaming? idk if that has anything to do with it though

10. paulrybicki83

yes i have a credit card on file. everything worked perfect on my other evo that i exchanged for this one. I read that some countries dont get paid apps but im in the usa and always got them. So does anyone know if theres some setting for different countries.

11. paulrybicki83

ok so i reset the phone and created a new gmail account and everything works great. when i go back to my gmail account im still not getting the top paid apps tab. definately has something to do with my gmail account but im not sure what it could be since it worked on my other phone. Anyone have any ideas?

12. superlinkx

superlinkx Active Member

Yeah having the same issue. This seems to happen to some phones randomly. Mine worked fine and now its having issues. I tried resets and clearing caches. I hear it sometimes is caused by going into airplane mode randomly. I've heard it usually goes away on its own after a few days, but I'm still waiting. I'll try to post back if I find a fix. My market also hangs on installs, saying the app is installing even after it is done. Clearing the cache or rebooting fixes it, but I think it may be related. My hero still works, so I can't figure out what it is.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

13. paulrybicki83

yeah it sounds like its the same issue. my apps say they are installing after they are installed on the phone. hopefully there is a fix for this and im sure its something on googles side.

14. paulrybicki83

anyone find any fixes for this. i was on the phone with sprint and they cant fix it. and its been a week now and still not working

15. runwithscissors

runwithscissors Member

This seems to be a widespread problem. If you go to the market support forums you will see a lot of people complaining. It appears it effects any brand android phone and only one fix has been found so far which requires root. I have the same problem, started a couple days ago.

Edit: oh and it has something to do with a bad XML file.

16. ScorpDX

Those not seeing paid apps, have you tried installing via appbrain?

17. runwithscissors

runwithscissors Member

That's what I'm doing. Thanks. It's just annoying that the actual market isn't working... OCD I guess...lol

18. ScorpDX

I can definitely understand where that would be annoying. Just thought it might work as a temporary fix until google can fix it.

19. paulrybicki83

yeah i use appbrain too. I dont really even buy any apps but knowing that its not working its just driving me crazy

20. superlinkx

superlinkx Active Member

Yeah, its a bad xml file and it can currently only be fixed by replacing it, which requires root. The info for it is on xda, but I think it requires a full nand unlock, which means full root, not just unrevoked. I'd link, but I'm mobile right now. Mine was fixed right away when I replaced the bad file. Hopefully Google will issue a market update soon that fixes the issue.

21. paulrybicki83

im a noob to android but if i root is there a way to ever go back to stock

22. superlinkx

superlinkx Active Member

Yes, here's a link to root the current version: [Program] SimpleRoot OTA 1.47.651.1 Edition - xda-developers.

I've never used it, as I rooted a long time ago, but this seems to be the easiest way to do it. This may not unlock NAND, so be sure to search for the full NAND unlock instructions. This will also factory reset your device, so be ready for it. If you aren't running the latest OTA update, you probably could use unrevoked, but you will have to definitely unlock NAND. Anyways, don't recommend rooting for the average joe, but if you're willing to learn your stuff, be sure to check around XDA and learn about Android and root access before you start. Unrooting is usually pretty simple, you just have to flash an image, instructions can be found on XDA. Here's a link to the Android Development forum on there: EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers
    And one for guides and ROMs: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC Evo ROMs&version=48

23. paulrybicki83

out of nowhere everything works perfect now. the top paid tab just showed up. thanks everyone for your help