No phone calls while using Navigation???General

Last Updated:

1. DroidDoes...Fail

DroidDoes...Fail Member This Topic's Starter

Today i was driving and using the navigation (not google maps, the actual turn by turn navigation) and i received a call but the screen just went black and i couldnt answer or decline it. So i tried to call the person back and it would not dial. Also tried it later on in the day to make sure it wasnt a signal problem but no such luck. I cannot receive or make calls while using turn by turn navi. Anybody else have this problem?

-Brad

Advertisement
  2. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Weird bug. Reboot, see if that fixes. If not then do a factory wipe (if its worth that much to you).

Never heard of this before...

3. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Yeah that's not what should happen. When I receive a call during the Navigation, it comes up and I answer it just like normal. When I'm approaching a turn and I'm still on the phone call, it still notifies me (this time through the earpiece) and says to turn, and the person I'm talking to can't hear it at all. It's pretty awesome.

The same thing goes for making a call. During Navigation, just press the Home softkey and it will take you back to the home screen (but leaves Navigation active and in your notification bar). Then you can do anything you would normally do, including making a phone call. In fact, I usually go to the home screen, then turn the screen off to save battery. It still announces the turns through the speaker, even with the screen off.

I think your situation is just a fluke... maybe something with your phone.

4. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

My guess is that it was lag. Mine has done the same thing while using Pandora AND Navigation. It's just too much for our older processors. My advice would be to avoid using other apps while using navigation, it's just too much for it.

5. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

Did you get the July patch? It sound a bit like that.
    Peter