No Physical keyboardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i was wondering with the incredible not having a physical keyboard how will games and apps that use it hold up? Like Snesoid or something along those lines.... I mean... how will games and apps that need key's hold up? only virtual? I'm pretty much set on the incredible other than this.

Advertisement
  2. MrGoodCat

MrGoodCat Well-Known Member

mine came with a physical keyboard, you just have to slide the phone really hard

appleaj likes this.
  3. jpallen77

jpallen77 Well-Known Member

Mine too...its right underneath the refridgerator next to the flex capicitor:D

4. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

I would assume its virtual. Probally could use track pad for d pad.

You should get the phone and if the games dont work right email developer and they prob will update soon enough.

5. icedog

icedog Member

That's something the developers should have thought about when making their application. As an amateur developer, I've certainly made the choice to not use the keyboard for any reason.

6. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

A lot of them (including SNESoid) includes virtual keys which aren't that bad.

7. jareth

jareth Well-Known Member

What SNESoid needs is multitouch support. It's virtually useless without it.

8. Zomb!e

Zomb!e Well-Known Member

It has multitouch support if you have Android 2.0 or higher and a phone capable of multi-touch.

Nice avatar by the way. :)

9. vaxick

vaxick Well-Known Member

Still is awful playing with "touch" buttons. :p

Developers really have to keep the touchscreen in mine with developing games for touchscreen only devices. The problem is the game development community for Android isn't too large yet. There are some impressive games for the phone, but a lot of titles are still pretty basic. Things have been improving lately though as the Android market is really starting to grow.

Here's one sweet game btw for these phones.

ExZeus is very impressive for Android and has some of the best graphics yet for the platform.

YouTube - ExZeus arcade for Android

10. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Since the release of the Droid, Nexus One, X10, Desire, and now the Incredible I have noticed a lot of new high quality games. Asphalt is one of them. It plays great without a keyboard too. Emulators are a different story though, they require a certain amount of buttons and with a touch only phone those buttons must become virtual.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. fastharryDOTcom

fastharryDOTcom Well-Known Member

well look who just caught on...

12. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Just use a bluetooth controller. They're on eBay, $15-20 tops, fold up nicely and fit right in your pocket. I used one with my Omnia to play a PSx, SNES, and GBA emulator and they all worked great. I haven't tried it with the Incredible yet though, but it should work the same way.