• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Physical keyboard

So i was wondering with the incredible not having a physical keyboard how will games and apps that use it hold up? Like Snesoid or something along those lines.... I mean... how will games and apps that need key's hold up? only virtual? I'm pretty much set on the incredible other than this.
A lot of them (including SNESoid) includes virtual keys which aren't that bad.

Upvote 0
It has multitouch support if you have Android 2.0 or higher and a phone capable of multi-touch.

Nice avatar by the way. :)

Still is awful playing with "touch" buttons. :p

Developers really have to keep the touchscreen in mine with developing games for touchscreen only devices. The problem is the game development community for Android isn't too large yet. There are some impressive games for the phone, but a lot of titles are still pretty basic. Things have been improving lately though as the Android market is really starting to grow.

Here's one sweet game btw for these phones.

ExZeus is very impressive for Android and has some of the best graphics yet for the platform.

YouTube - ExZeus arcade for Android

Upvote 0
Since the release of the Droid, Nexus One, X10, Desire, and now the Incredible I have noticed a lot of new high quality games. Asphalt is one of them. It plays great without a keyboard too. Emulators are a different story though, they require a certain amount of buttons and with a touch only phone those buttons must become virtual.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
So i was wondering with the incredible not having a physical keyboard how will games and apps that use it hold up? Like Snesoid or something along those lines.... I mean... how will games and apps that need key's hold up? only virtual? I'm pretty much set on the incredible other than this.

well look who just caught on...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones