• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Picasa in Google Account Setup

A

atnbirdie

Just got my Incredible. Everything seems to be working fine except - no Picasa. I set up the phone with my Google account and calendar, mail, contacts are all synced fine. However, no Picasa albums in Photos section. Went to Account setup, clicked on Google account, no Picasa there either. On my wife's Droid (OS v2.1 also) Picasa is listed under Google account options.
Is this an Incredible bug or am I missing something?

Reactions: njperry
Really? I see several Picasa apps (Picasa Slideshow, one click, Too Pro, etc.), but they seem like add ons to manipulate files. All I want is to have my Picasa web folder show up in the photos section. That is supposed to be native in Android v2.1 and as I said, is on my wife's Droid.

Upvote 0
I have a couple questions... do the pictures for contacts in gmail download to the DI's phonebook? I was going to go through and add pictures to contacts on gmail if so. Also, do the pictures on Facebook automatically show up on the contacts in the phone book that are synced?

Trying to get everything ready for the phone tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I have a couple questions... do the pictures for contacts in gmail download to the DI's phonebook? I was going to go through and add pictures to contacts on gmail if so. Also, do the pictures on Facebook automatically show up on the contacts in the phone book that are synced?

Trying to get everything ready for the phone tomorrow.

Yep, any pictures in your gmail contacts will sync up. Also if you add pics on your phone it will sync back to the site.

Upvote 0
Try this app:
Gallery3D Apk - xda-developers
You'll need to check off 'unknown sources' in your settings to run the installation:
Menu > Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources

I just installed it and it looks great!

This was the 1 most thing I missed from the Droid and like that, we're back in action. Thanks! I just installed it and am syncing now.

picasa-on-incredible.jpg

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or can Gallery NOT see the pictures you take with the camera, since they're stored in /emmc (the internal 8GB)...

Edit: Just checked again. Nope, can't see them... If you go into the Camera apps settings, you can change storage to the SD card to get around this, but this internal 8GB is worthless.

I've read that imported Apps (as opposed to those native to the phone) can't see the internal 8GB storage. I don't have the Gallery App but have my Inc set to store pictures on phone. It puts them all in the 8GB internal storage and I can see them in Photos just fine.

I still don't think we should need an external app to see the Picasa web albums as that functionality is native as of Android OS v2.1.

Upvote 0
While I am thinking about it:

My wife and I have a joint Picasa/Email account. Will I be able to set up the gallery app to use that account rather than the one I will set up for contacts/email?

Not sure you can do that. My wife and I have separate Gmail accounts, but she used to just use mine. Once she got her Droid, I set her up her own Picasa account associated with her email. Now we just share albums and that seems to work for us. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I've read that imported Apps (as opposed to those native to the phone) can't see the internal 8GB storage. I don't have the Gallery App but have my Inc set to store pictures on phone. It puts them all in the 8GB internal storage and I can see them in Photos just fine.

I still don't think we should need an external app to see the Picasa web albums as that functionality is native as of Android OS v2.1.

Agreed on that we shouldn't need Gallery.

But, on mine, if I launch the Car Panel, then click Footprints, it tells me to insert the SD card, so not even the preloaded (native) apps are immune to this.

Upvote 0
Found out a little while ago after calling HTC that "Photos" replaces "Gallery" on the Inc which as we've found out, doesn't include Picasa sync. They recommended a Picasa one click photo Uploader (2nd app that shows up in store if you search on Picasa), but it was not at all intuitive or easy to set up (which I never bothered to finish doing.
I also tried Picasa Tool Pro, which works OK, but you can't zoom by pinching (have to use "+" and "-" icons on screen). Someone else in the HTC forums recommended Just Pictures! which works pretty well. You have to tap on a picture to enlarge it from its album, then tap it again if you want to pinch zoom it, but it seems to work well.
I'll be interested in seeing how Just Pictures! compares to Gallery3D sdk if I can ever get that installed.

Upvote 0
I just installed the gallery 3D app in my Incredible...

How did you manage? I downloaded the SDK. Used Astro to find it ((Gallery3D) icon in SDCard root directory. Tap on it, select Open App Manager, click install, Click install again, it starts intalling then about 0.5 sec later I get error message that application not installed. I did check "install from unknown sources".
What am I missing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones