no pics in gallery

1. mommabyrdof3

mommabyrdof3 New Member

For some unknown reason, my phone is now saving my pics to my SD card and not my phone. I found them in my file manager, but how do i get them back in my gallery? :(

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

What phone are you running and what OS version? Most generally, I'd rather have my pics saving to SD, especially if it's a removable card. Still strange though because all phones I've seen, pics saved to sd still show up in the gallery.

There was a glitch with rom manager awhile back that created a .nomedia file which disallowed the display of pics in the gallery. Any chance you are rooted and use rom manager? In any event, I'd check out the root folder for sd pics and make sure there's not a .nomedia file there. Path may depend on the OS, but something like sdcard/DCIM/Camera (or 100ANDRO) should get you in the ballpark as a place to look.
  3. Relaxed

Relaxed Active Member

A very related query: I'd love to have my pics stored directly on my sd card, but they are stored in the phone (Galaxy S2).

I want to move them all onto the sd card: I am completely baffled by es file manager, and can't find anything native to the phone which offers me this option. I know it's a dumb question, and I have tried the search facility! Help in words of one syllable gratefully received.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

SII? The MyFiles app is the native file manager.
  5. scaramouch

scaramouch Member

depends what phone you've got but my s2 and s3 u have the option to save to the phones sd or extsd u just select this option in the phones photo camera menu
  6. scaramouch

scaramouch Member

on your s2 u should have a yellow my files press on that and then select sd card this is your phones memory your pics should be in DCIM u can move them from their to extsd which is your micro sd card