• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no pics in gallery

What phone are you running and what OS version? Most generally, I'd rather have my pics saving to SD, especially if it's a removable card. Still strange though because all phones I've seen, pics saved to sd still show up in the gallery.

There was a glitch with rom manager awhile back that created a .nomedia file which disallowed the display of pics in the gallery. Any chance you are rooted and use rom manager? In any event, I'd check out the root folder for sd pics and make sure there's not a .nomedia file there. Path may depend on the OS, but something like sdcard/DCIM/Camera (or 100ANDRO) should get you in the ballpark as a place to look.

Upvote 0
A very related query: I'd love to have my pics stored directly on my sd card, but they are stored in the phone (Galaxy S2).

I want to move them all onto the sd card: I am completely baffled by es file manager, and can't find anything native to the phone which offers me this option. I know it's a dumb question, and I have tried the search facility! Help in words of one syllable gratefully received.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones