• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No pop-up notifications?

hugsformugs

Lurker
Mar 22, 2010
My old phone used to have a pop-up notification for missed phone calls, texts, etc. All I would have to do is press a button on the notification and it would lead me to the missed event. I've tried to see if my Hero has a similar setting but the only notification I can see is the icons on the notification bar. I know there's a notification in the lockscreen and the flashing on the phone helps, but I'd like a notification that leads me straight to the missed event.

So:
1. Does the phone have this setting and did I completely miss it?
2. Is there a widget/app available anywhere that has a pop-up notification for my missed events?
3. If there isn't a universal app that displays all missed events, are there at least any separate apps for different programs (texts, phone calls, emails, etc) that will have pop-up notifications?

My old phone used to have a pop-up notification for missed phone calls, texts, etc. All I would have to do is press a button on the notification and it would lead me to the missed event. I've tried to see if my Hero has a similar setting but the only notification I can see is the icons on the notification bar. I know there's a notification in the lockscreen and the flashing on the phone helps, but I'd like a notification that leads me straight to the missed event.

So:
1. Does the phone have this setting and did I completely miss it?
2. Is there a widget/app available anywhere that has a pop-up notification for my missed events?
3. If there isn't a universal app that displays all missed events, are there at least any separate apps for different programs (texts, phone calls, emails, etc) that will have pop-up notifications?

Do you know that if you touch the icons in the notification bar and swipe your finger down that it displays the details of the notifications (like a windowshade)? Then, from there, touching the notification (missed call, voicemail, email, whatever) it will take you straight to the application?

I know that it's not a pop-up, but the ability to go straight to the missed event is already there (which sounds like what you are most looking for).

Apologies if you already know this, but I've had a lot of new users slap their forehead once they see it for the first time.

Reactions: hugsformugs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones