No pop-up notifications?

Last Updated:

1. hugsformugs

hugsformugs Member This Topic's Starter

My old phone used to have a pop-up notification for missed phone calls, texts, etc. All I would have to do is press a button on the notification and it would lead me to the missed event. I've tried to see if my Hero has a similar setting but the only notification I can see is the icons on the notification bar. I know there's a notification in the lockscreen and the flashing on the phone helps, but I'd like a notification that leads me straight to the missed event.

So:
    1. Does the phone have this setting and did I completely miss it?
    2. Is there a widget/app available anywhere that has a pop-up notification for my missed events?
    3. If there isn't a universal app that displays all missed events, are there at least any separate apps for different programs (texts, phone calls, emails, etc) that will have pop-up notifications?

Advertisement
  2. creglenn

creglenn Well-Known Member

Well handcent can display a popup but this is only for SMS. Missed calls you can download an app called "Missed Reminder" that works for calls, sms & MMS

hugsformugs likes this.
  3. dsavage

dsavage Well-Known Member

Do you know that if you touch the icons in the notification bar and swipe your finger down that it displays the details of the notifications (like a windowshade)? Then, from there, touching the notification (missed call, voicemail, email, whatever) it will take you straight to the application?

I know that it's not a pop-up, but the ability to go straight to the missed event is already there (which sounds like what you are most looking for).

Apologies if you already know this, but I've had a lot of new users slap their forehead once they see it for the first time.

hugsformugs likes this.
  4. hugsformugs

hugsformugs Member This Topic's Starter

i completely missed that one dsavage! i tried to select the icon with my finger several times but never thought to push down on it. thanks so much for that :D

and creglenn, thanks for letting me know about the missed reminders app...i might try it out if i really start to miss the pop-ups.