No posts yet- tablet fatigue?General

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

The A500 and Transformer are solid tabs and now another higher end tab (Thrive) is releasing next month.

This tablet may be the best of both worlds between the A500 and Transformer, but no apparent interest yet.

Besides a battery that can be removed, the USB host is located out of hands way (unlike the Acer) and there is a full SD slot that will take up to 64gb cards.

This could be a worthy tablet, along with the A500 and Transformer.

Advertisement
  2. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

It does look quite nice. And I like the fact that it has a removable battery as well as a slot that is compatible with SDXC cards.
  3. fran1r

fran1r Well-Known Member

Almost pre-ordered the Galaxy 10.1 this morning, but opted to wait for this and compare. I love that the Galaxy is thinner and lighter, but hate that it is not expandable, and requires a special adapter. I think I'll wait to see this one in person first. Should only be a few more weeks.

Oh, and I hate the name.
  4. Norskie

Norskie New Member

I'm hoping this is as good as the reviews and specs are. I took back an iPad 2 this week cause I didn't like the iTunes requirements for so many things and the lack of ports. The Thrive won't need to be hooked up to another computer and with the additional SW that Toshiba has installed, it looks like a winner to me. I don't think I'll mind the additional girth and weight. As I'm not in a rush, I'm looking forward to user reviews.
  5. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

I am seriously considering selling my Xoom to buy one of these. I love my Xoom but I would love one of these more.

Is there a list of accessories that can be purchased with the Thrive? I need to figure out the balance of the two.

I have the following:

• Xoom WiFi stock - paid $600 - could I get $500?
    • ZooGue Portfolio case - paid about $50
    • 32 gig Micro SD card - paid $70 - still new. Should work "soon"
    • A/C Charging cable
    • Auto Charging Cable
    • HDMI Micro to full size cable (15 feet)
    If I could get $600 for the package I think it would be worth it.

Glenn
  6. Norskie

Norskie New Member

Gamul,
    I would think your 32 GB card would work in the Thrive if you got a holder for the card. The holder makes it fit in the full size slot and the holders are cheap.
    gamul1 likes this.
  7. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I had not thought of that. I already have one of those ithink as it came with one.