• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Push Button option in Wi Fi Settings

Hi,

I just got a SIII with ICS and when I got to connect to my router, there is no Push Button option in the Wifi setting. There's only a password and show advance options. When I press on show advanced options it only has proxy settings and IP settings. I search all over the Internet and see how you can connect with the push button option but it's not on here. I just connected a laptop to my router using the push button WPS button on my router. Help! What am I doing wrong?

go step by step.

1. reset wifi router to factory defaults. meaning factory SSID, no password, no encryption.

2. connect the S3 to wifi router.

3. if ok, change wifi router to your SSID.

4. connect the S3 to it.

5. if ok, turn on encryption (highest possible, like WPA2) and give it a key. if not ok, check and make sure CASE is not an issue. if still not ok, go back to step 1.

6. connect the S3 to it.

7. if ok, finish entering other settings on wifi router.

8. if not ok, sure S3 has proper encryption setting? try using a short key like "aaaaa". something easy to type and not screw up. goto step 5.

9. if not ok, remove encryption from router and go back to step 2.

10, if still not ok, try using the LOWEST encryption as a test, WEP. you just wanna make sure you can connect using SOME FORM of encryption...

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones