No push Gmail after root

Last Updated:

1. bernechad

bernechad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I flashed flipz rooted rom onto my EVO. Everything is working great except my email.

The only way I can get my email is to manually refresh from within the gmail app. Before flashing this rom, all my email was being pushed to my phone without any type of interaction, normally, it would reach my phone before it got to my desktop browser.

I've double checked every setting and it's all the way it was before. Even double checked it against my hero and everything looks copacetic. Has anybody else had this problem or possibly any clues as to what i can do or try?

Advertisement
  2. SkunkApe

SkunkApe Well-Known Member

im not having this problem. im rooted and gmail is still getting pushed through. try to unroot, test email. if it works, try rooting again and see if you still have the same problem

3. Jonnei

Jonnei Member

Maybe its flipz rom? Mine is pushing, rooted.

4. hellow0rld

hellow0rld Well-Known Member

push mail is working fine..but i do notice sending from @live.com to gmail takes a while

5. wrtau23

wrtau23 New Member

I rooted using unrevoked to get wireless tethering and gmail push is no longer working for me. (Can confirm since I have two android phones using the same gmail account).

How do I unrevoke unrevoke?

6. LiquidLife

LiquidLife Well-Known Member

what's the filename ***.zip

7. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

For what it's worth,

I have the same exact setup and gmail push is all good. My only problem is really low wireless signal at work.

8. SkunkApe

SkunkApe Well-Known Member

on another note...for some reason last night my email was not pushing....

i did a profile update and it started working again.

maybe try that?

9. bandagraph

bandagraph Member

I seem to be having a gmail push issue was well. For the last 2 nights, I have not received any of my gmail until I do a manual sync. Yesterday it started working in the middle of the day. It has not been working for me yet today.

I am rooted using unrevoked.

There is not a setting somewhere that turns off the autosync for gmail if the phone is inactive for a certain amount of time is there?

Edit: Hmm I un-rooted (verified with tether) and it worked. I wish i knew whether it was the restart that got it going again or the un-root...i should have restarted first. Will root again and see what happens.
    Edit2: Working after unrevoked root. No idea why it seems to stop working in the middle of the night. Seems like it takes a restart to get it going again.

10. arozer

arozer Member

Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and delete "Superuser Permission" and "unrEVOked" and restart.

wrtau23 likes this.
  11. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Did unrEVOked yesterday to install wireless tether and OC Widget. Push was working last night but today I have noticed things not coming through lately. I just updated the profile so let's see if it helps.

edit: maybe I just forgot where to look but if I go to settings in Gmail I no longer see the place where you specify how often to check or whether you want to to get items as they arrive. Is that missing or did I have a brain fart and forget where to look?

12. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

I know it's a tough scenario, but maybe gmail is just having issues. It's not the first time. I'm noticing it too today!

13. neodorian

Who knows...I will give it a few days. If it doesn't get fixed, I will decide if it is more important to get push Gmail or wifi tethering.

14. neodorian

Uninstalled the OC Widget because I wasn't seeing a difference. Rebooted and didn't get it for a while but I just got a test email. This is weird. I will probably uninstall one thing at a time to figure out what is giving the problem. Really don't want to lose su.

Edit.. reenabled Google talk hoping it might just need that for push but no luck.

Edit 2... uninstall unrevoked, su, WiFi tether...still no push and since its gmail i can't just delete and re add the account.
    Hmmmmm....

15. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member

How do you set gmail to push? Does it do it automatically? Also does it push when the 3G is switched off?

16. bernechad

bernechad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you setup your gmail account, it will automatically push to your phone.

If you turn off mobile network, you'll get no data, unless you have wifi on. So, no.

17. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks. That is what I thought but i read on another thread someone saying they still got their emails when 3G was off. They didn't mention if Wi-fi was on or off but I assumed they meant it was on.

18. ToxMox

ToxMox Member

I had no pushing last night and this morning. I ended up clearing the data and cache under manage applications for both Gmail and Gmail storage and that seemed to fix things for me.

19. arunachudh

arunachudh New Member

Guys,

I am not sure if this is relevant for any of them. But i faced the same issue. Infact the issue in my case was due to the low internal memory. As soon as i cleared some application (uninstalled applications), Gmail, Gtalk and market, all fucntioned as if the issue never occured.
    So just thought of sharing it with you so that someone might get benefitted out of it!! Hope it helped