No Reception in House

Last Updated:

1. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a iphone for 2 years (the 3G) and had no problem with the signal. I did have several dropped calls - especially when talking to other at&t customers. I also have a verizon wireless laptop card. Anyway, I went to check out the new iphone and it didn't do much for me, but I saw the Evo and was in awe. I loved it. Anyway, so I picked one up from Best Buy (I got lucky!) on Friday. I absolutely love the phone. My biggest gripe (aside from the reception) is the battery life, but I'll figure it out.

Anyway, my problem is there is no reception whatsoever in my house, unless I stand by a window. That's just unacceptable to me, especially since I have no landline. What if I had to dial 911, or missed an important call.

Anyway, I called sprint and said before I return this thing, is there anything I can do to fix the problem. The lady said there is an AirWave, but it's $100 and long story short even after asking her supervisor, they won't waive the $100. And even then she can't guarantee it would work.

So that really kind of ticked me off, but anyway my verizon wireless card works perfectly inside the house. So long story short (I think I already failed that:p), I'm considering pre-ordering a Droid X and then returning the Evo when it arrives. My question is really - is the evo better than the x? The biggest issues with the switch would be lack of kickstand, and no 4g.

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

Maybe if you ask to speak to retentions and threaten to leave they will waive that fee