No recovery

Last Updated:

1. seadams

seadams Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Droid will not boot into recovery,what do I do?

Advertisement
  2. Scottmc

Scottmc Well-Known Member

What do you mean no recovery? Does it go into stock recovery? Do you get stuck at the Moto logo?

If you are stuck at the Moto logo you can power down and hold down on the touchpad while powering back up. That will get you into the bootloader. From there, flash a new recovery using RSDLite (or sbf_flash if on linux).

Then you have to start over. Hopefully you made a backup.

3. muab

muab Well-Known Member

I just had a situation like this yesterday (I think).

When I clicked "boot into recovery" from ROM Manager it would stick at the Moto logo. I tried this three times and tried flashing clockwork several times and still the same.

I tried entering recovery using the X button etc... and the same deal--freeze at the Moto logo. I did this a number of times.

I then tried to flash SPRecovery about 5 times and it kept saying "failed" so...

I charged my phone up to 100% and made sure my settings in Set CPU were pretty standard, then booted into recovery and voila--there was clockwork just like nothing was wrong.

So...I guess make sure your phone is charged all the way and try a zillion different times, and maybe let your phone hang out for a bit before trying a zillion more times.

Cheers.

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Just let it boot back into Android.

Go into ROM manager, scroll all the way down to 'Flash alternate recovery'

Then flash clockwork again, and you should be able to boot back into recovery.

This is a bug in ROM manager that hasn't been fixed (can't be fixed?) for at least a few months now.