No Ring, No Missed Call IndicatorSupport

Last Updated:

1. Trucideau

Trucideau New Member This Topic's Starter

So, my Droid X is doing something completely unacceptable. It misses calls. There's no ring, no missed call indicator, just suddenly a voicemail indicator pops up to tell me that someone left a voice message. Sometimes it only happens once, and will receive the next call without a problem. Sometimes it'll do it three or four calls in a row. I've already talked to Verizon about it, and they've gone through the script. Before I call to yell at them until they replace the phone with one that works, I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with the problem.

Advertisement
  2. Der Juicen

Der Juicen Well-Known Member

i had all kinds of issues like this with my first (launch day) droid X.
    aside from not receiving phone calls, i couldnt even make phone calls. signal status would show full bars, but as soon as i hit send bars would drop and could not make a call. texts/emails would take forever to get them to send. i was basically only able to use the phone for wifi around the house, and the camera.
    didnt quite have the same voicemail issue because people wouldnt leave me voicemails. anybody calling me knows better than that.

tell verizon to send you a replacement. mine is working great and i finally love the phone.
    also, if you are currently within the 30 days, and the phones are still backordered, make sure they extend your 30 days due to the backorder being there fault.

3. TonyXL

TonyXL Active Member

OP, I have the same problem...only happens once in 25 calls on average. No missed call note. My voicemail is directed to Google Voice, not sure if that is related.

4. androidb

androidb Well-Known Member

You wouldn't happen to have the app "sound manager" installed would you?

5. TonyXL

TonyXL Active Member

And I have never used the "Smart Profile" (upside down phone flip) feature that has caused the known "no ring" issue.

Edit: and no Sound Manager installed.

6. androidb

This was happening with my girlfriend's new Droid 2. Try reprogramming the phone doing the *228, option 1. Then go in and do the *228, option 2. Then do a battery pull. This seemed to work for her phone.

7. TonyXL

TonyXL Active Member

I'll give it a shot...it happens so rarely for me at least that it'll be hard to verify.

Do I pull the battery with the phone on or off?

Thanks.

8. androidb

After you are finished with the *228 stuff pull the battery while the phone is on.

TonyXL likes this.
  9. jenc414

jenc414 Member

Husband and I both have a sound manager on our phone. Had an incident yesterday....we were trying to make plans - sent text msgs back and forth then I didn't receive anything back from my last msg. I tried to call him. 8 times. he had no missed calls. nothing that indicated I even tried to call him even once. I did leave him one voicemail on the last try- the voicemail was there but no missed call indicator. Only has happened once and we've had the sound manager app for a while now.

10. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

CDMA works a little differently than GSM. If the call never makes it to your phone then you won't have a missed call notice, same goes if the phone is turned off. With AT&T for example you'll get a missed call notice on the phone no matter what. Verizon won't do this. Your phone will only show missed call if the phone actually rang and you didn't answer it. If the call never got to the phone, which is happening here, then you won't have a missed call notice. Only a voicemail indication if one is left. Could be several things causing this. Having low reception can cause your phone not to get a call, could also just be an issue with the phone.

11. reiamm

reiamm New Member

My HTC Inspire 4G on ATT has the same issue. Twice in the last two months, I've had someone call my phone and had no ringing and no missed call indicator. They didn't leave a voice mail, so I had no idea they called. On their end, they heard ringing. I don't have sound manager installed. This has happened once in an area with no service (understandable) and once in an area where I have decent service (3 bars) and I have never had a problem carrying on a conversation.