• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No s3 for metro...?? Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
I know theres alot of scammers in ebay and craigslist but isnt amazon legit?

Ebay covers the buyer really well as well as Paypal. Paypal has a feature now to where they pay the seller up front and deduct the money from the buyer 2 weeks later. This is to curve problems with the sell and help the buyer out. You still have 30 days or so to file a complaint.

Upvote 0
well like what me and mike were discussing earlier today theres no way for us metro pcs user to get scammed cuz those unlocked phones wont work with our 4g lte so only true potential vicitims would be those trying to have a flashed phone working on pcs. so if it dosnt have a metro pcs uicc card in it dont even bother...

Reactions: KlexKavark
Upvote 0
well like what me and mike were discussing earlier today theres no way for us metro pcs user to get scammed cuz those unlocked phones wont work with our 4g lte so only true potential vicitims would be those trying to have a flashed phone working on pcs. so if it dosnt have a metro pcs uicc card in it dont even bother...

Well thanks for the heads up i was thinking about getting the international and flashing it to metro but now that you say it wont work i can save myself the trouble. Guess ill just get it from metros website.

Upvote 0
Well thanks for the heads up i was thinking about getting the international and flashing it to metro but now that you say it wont work i can save myself the trouble. Guess ill just get it from metros website.

yea international version is gsm meaning it uses a sim card and not the uicc card that metro uses for their LTE keep in mind metro phones are cdma/LTE hybrid phones we get long term evolution on a cdma phone. also frequencies are different.

Upvote 0
like i said... in theory it can be done.
If the XDA boys can turn the bootloader-locked-down, least dev friendly S3 to date Galaxy SIII from Verizon (CDMA) and make it accept international GSM cards from Russia and the likes, I'm thinking it's not too far-fetched. It would probably involve A LOT of reading, decompiling, and testing out random things, though. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones