• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No SDRecovery, Boot Load Screen Loops, I need help!

brian.q.g

Lurker
Aug 19, 2010
Hi everyone, sorry for the frantic post, but I'm not sure what to do. I've been reading the posts about rooting the Droid and how much functionality I can add, so I attempted to root and install ROMs tonight. Needless to say, my enthusiasm outran ability, and now I'm severely stuck.

Somehow, I've deleted all ROMs from the phone, so it can't load into anything. When I simply press the power button, the phone goes into an endless loop of the Droid eye and name loading screen.

When I power on and press and hold Up Volume and Camera button, nothing changes, it goes back to the endless loop screen.

When I power on and press and hold the up button on the D-Pad, nothing changes, and goes back to the endless loop screen.

When I press and hold the power button and X, I can access the booting menu with the white triangle, yellow exclamation point, and tiny phone icon. The menu says "Android System Recovery <3e>".

I've tried reverting back to stock, according to the "Guide to All Things Root Related" thread, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Two questions; do you think the problem with reverting back to stock is the fact that I don't have anything on the phone, including SDRecovery? In my haste/stupidity, I'm pretty sure I did factory resets and chose the other two options to wipe things clean. My other question is, what should I do now?

I feel like I'm pretty handy with these things, but I'm utterly confused now, and just want to get back to a stock version. I've learned my lesson; please help me fix my phone!

I'll give it another go tonight after work, but I believe I've already tried this and come across a problem. I've followed the instructions and run the Motorola loader on my PC, but when it comes to powering on the Droid and connecting it to the PC so that the program can recognize it and install the stock ROM, my PC cannot form a connection.

What should be showing on my Droid once it properly connects to my PC? All I can get to now is either the looping load screen, or the stock update screen (by holding down power+x).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones