No "select all" option to delete all emailsSupport

Last Updated:

1. jjp3186

jjp3186 New Member This Topic's Starter

This really bugged me. Even when deleting all my email in my actual email inbox on my computer, it still keeps them archived on the Droid. So to delete multiple emails I have to click the check box on each email to delete them. A simple select all function would have been nice.

Advertisement
  2. Moose

Moose Active Member

That I didn't like, and my blackberry had "delete from handheld and server" or "just delete from handheld" That is what I really miss! Emails I want to just keep for later reference, but don't need in my inbox on my phone!

3. JGut

JGut Active Member

just posted this yesterday, easy to do and very annoying. seems they didnt ever look at a blackberry before.

4. Ivanhead

Ivanhead Well-Known Member

Boys we're not in BB heaven anymore, but the browser works. Why the hell didn't someone at moto buy a BB to see what the competition does?

5. Thanassi44

Thanassi44 Member

seriously! is there an update scheduled??

6. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

well when i was using the defualt email app that didnt bother me that much..now im using k9 and they dont even have the check boxes so u have to literally select each on and delete..checking boxes is alot faster then doing this..both need a delete all

7. scottjoyce

scottjoyce New Member

I was hoping with today's update 12/10/2009 we'd get the much needed "delete all". This is really time consuming to delete each message once from the inbox, and then again in the trash just to make room for more incoming messages. I want to delete these messages individually from the inbox, and then all at once from the trash and I want to keep them on the server for when I get home to my computer. Has anyone found a good solution for this yet?

8. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Ok yeah, this needs to be addressed immediatey by Android. When you have 500+ emails in your trash, that becomes a day's chore!

9. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

If it's not for work, try K-9. I just made the switch and VERY happy I did.

10. scottjoyce

scottjoyce New Member

What's K-9?

11. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

It's an email app in the Market. I personally don't like it (I know it sounds stupid) because of its lame icon. My boyfriend may like it. We'll see.

12. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

Go to the market...search for k9 --> K-9 Mail. You can delete, then press and hold the "trash" folder and delete all emails in the trash.

13. Phoenixdroid

Phoenixdroid Well-Known Member

Hit that one on the head. Once you delet your inbox or sent box or what every box, you will need to do it all over again for the trash can.......now that is disappointing........

14. DankyDroid

DankyDroid Well-Known Member

That work on the spam folder too?

15. rori

rori Well-Known Member

I know, it

16. elisabeth

elisabeth New Member

i just got my behold 2 & was so frustrated about not being able to delete all my unwanted emails all at once...what a terrible feature not to have. but i found the solution...just go to market & download the "K9" application & it's done. you can select all emails, then delete AND they don't go to a "junk" folder...they are gone for good. maybe everyone knows about K9 already but i just had to share this wonderful information for anyone encountering this!!