• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Sense 3.0

Upvote 0
I honestly don't see what the big issue is. I don't have Sense 3.0 at the moment, I'm perfectly happy with my handset as it is. Just because a newer, more powerful handset can take an improved version of the GUI, doesn't mean that it should be put on all handsets it wasn't really designed for. It would be nice, but there's no point in going mental over it.

When you buy a laptop from Dell/HP/Asus or whatever, do you expect them to give you a free copy of the latest version of Windows if/when it's released?

We bought the handset with Sense 2.0, when we'd no idea there was going to be a Sense 3.0.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't see what the big issue is. I don't have Sense 3.0 at the moment, I'm perfectly happy with my handset as it is. Just because a newer, more powerful handset can take an improved version of the GUI, doesn't mean that it should be put on all handsets it wasn't really designed for. It would be nice, but there's no point in going mental over it.

Sorry who exactly is going mental over it???

Upvote 0
I'm upset with the fact that HTC keep boshing out new devices every month. It would be nice if they could slow down and produce some truely amazing phones and provide a good update service. At the moment I'm currently left with a device that restarts it's self, texts disappear and texts come through with no notification. Why should I have to work it out for myself that HTC have released a buggy update and to do a reset back to the previous update. HTC should of rectified the problem as soon as they knew about it.

Upvote 0
I'm upset with the fact that HTC keep boshing out new devices every month. It would be nice if they could slow down and produce some truely amazing phones and provide a good update service. At the moment I'm currently left with a device that restarts it's self, texts disappear and texts come through with no notification. Why should I have to work it out for myself that HTC have released a buggy update and to do a reset back to the previous update. HTC should of rectified the problem as soon as they knew about it.

True. I cant believe they left this buggy update on their phones. In the end i decided to root and install a custom rom. tbh i dont think id ever go back to sense again after that last update.

Upvote 0
True. I cant believe they left this buggy update on their phones. In the end i decided to root and install a custom rom. tbh i dont think id ever go back to sense again after that last update.

TBH its because there are so many different networks that carry the phone and the update needs to be pushed to every network and they tweak it to there variations and then send it back for validation and then it gets pushed out.

That is why there are so many delays with getting updated for handsets etc

Upvote 0
Well I personally can't believe they can't be arsed to support the latest adapters to their most recently released phones,this hardware spec is just bollocks and a poor excuse that from a pr prospective ,is worse than being honest in saying we're too greedy in releasing loads and loads of hand sets with degrading build quiality and have no fecking time to do any proper uat testing and now they come up with some crap that in reality they havent got the time to provide a service that would put them apart from the competition?

Ok ok so your right,the current version of Andy and sense on our phones will do,but even after a while like the interiors of our house just wants to redecorate and renovate. Ive been trying out that launcher 7 for a change just to break it up.

Rant over but this will give me more than enough reason to finally root my phone soon to get a stable sense 3.0,possibly Andy 3.x......and to change that fecking gps.conf file!

Have a good weekend all,I'm so having an ice cool cider at 9am in the morning,lovely day in the UK

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones