No service after changing ROM

Last Updated:

1. Niightstar

Niightstar New Member

okay, so i rooted using gingerbreak, followed these instructions...
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable:6.5.8,testing:6.6.1] CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7) - xda-developers
    after several attempts it kept saying failed and installation aborted when I would try to install the ROM (I backed up my phone after I rooted and before I put on the ROM)
    so I looked around online for other ROMs and i stumbled upon Phoenix Android
    so i gave this one a go, installed flawlessly, but I get no service when it installed it.
    So I restored my backup, and still no service, so from my backup, I un-rooted and still no service. I then went into privacy > factory reset, and when I do this it boots up past the android logo, and where my lockscreen should pop up, its black and says com.android.setup has stopped working, and I can't do anything, and it's all black, all I can see is the top status bar showing no service, the time and the battery life.
    So I booted into recovery mode and am now back on the phoenix ROM since im serviceless regardless, does anyone have a fix for this? I've been going ape sh*t all day trying to fix this and im so fed up with it.
    EDIT: I just tried my SIM in my sister's p500 and it worked fine... so its def something with my phone

Advertisement
  2. mak.3736

mak.3736 Active Member

which android version wer u using previously, if you wer on 2.3.3 then flash old baseband first follow ( [GUIDE] How to upgrade/downgrade baseband for noobs - xda-developers )

Then flash phoenix or mik_os. (these use old baseband v10 and official 2.3.3 has v20 new baseband)

Regarding both mik_os is more stable n good for me n u get installation aborted for it becoz the package u downloaded was corrupt not downloaded correctly, so download it once again n try.

any more query or help u need mail me : mail2muzammilahmedgmail.com
  3. starrscreem

starrscreem Member

I had this same problem too..

most of those ROM's were developed based on the old baseband version, before you Install them you have to Downgrade and then follow those procedures

I downgraded and now they are flawless