no service available after firmware updateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pinar

pinar New Member This Topic's Starter

i was using an unlocked tmobile g1 (with a vodafona line) for a couple of weeks. after getting the latest firmware update, it shows no service available and i can't use my line anymore. :( i tried my line with other phones, so there's no problem with it. and also, i tried many other lines except tmobile..

is it possible that it's because of the firmware? if so, how can i revert it?

Advertisement
  2. pinar

I've already done factory reset (i wish i didn't, because now i even can't sign in to my gmail account because there's no line :)) but factory reset doesn't revert the firmware..

but another thing is, a friend of mine which has the same version and did the same update still using his phone line..

can it be something else? when a phone turn out to be useless like that? :confused:

3. thaetviking

thaetviking New Member

I was having a problem with my phone and data services after the update also. Tech support suggested I reset the phone and after that point I was unable to re-login to Google servers. The firmware update was in response to people jailbreaking phones and using them on other 3g networks. I finally got tech support to admit that to me last night. Their only solution is to go somewhere where you are not in roaming and see if it works. I told them I was thankful that they made my phone worthless. They said they expect the problem to be fixed when everyone uses a standard for 3g.

4. pinar

WTF. i gave a fraking 550 boxes to have this phone, and now it is unusuable? this is *unacceptable*.

please let me know if you fix the problem or any progress..

btw, what does it mean "to go somewhere where you are not in roaming and see if it works"?

5. thaetviking

thaetviking New Member

It means I need to try the phone where I am not in roaming mode. The phone needs to be connected to a T-Mobile wireless tower.

6. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

You may have to reactivate the G1 using a T Mobile sim card to sign in thru the servers.

7. rhcpcjg

rhcpcjg Member

when you updated your phone, did you changed your apn settings so it could connect to edge so you could activate it