"No Service" (Calls and SMS) but Mobile Data works

Last Updated:

1. tim124

tim124 New Member This Topic's Starter

My Orange UK Hero is unable to make/send calls or send/receive sms. It displays "No Service" on the lock screen but mobile data seems to work perfectly.
    If I go to...

Settings->Wireless Controls->Mobile Network Settings->Network Operators->Search Networks

then select Orange, it says "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network"

If mobile data wasnt working then I would guess that its a SIM issue but I'm clearly connected to the network as im using their internet!

Just swapped SIM with a friends phone.
    My SIM works in his phone and his SIM has the same issues in my phone.

Booting up, it was connected to the network for enough time for it to get a voicemail notification but showed "No Service" straight away.

Any ideas?

Im guessing the best bet is to re-flash with the latest Hero Orange firmware. Any tips for backing up numbers/sms/cal etc?

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I would try "MyBackup" from the market, it backs up to the SD card

It sounds like a very odd issue, I would be prepared to send it in for repair, sounds hardware related to me

3. tim124

Just re-flashed the rom and it hasnt made any difference.

I would send it straight back if I hadnt bought somebodys "unwanted upgrade" from ebay 3 months ago.

4. tim124

Turns out the original user had stopped paying their bill, so Orange has blacklisted their phone.

Spoke to the sell and they are giving me a refund!