No service for two hours and CityID restarted, anybody else?Support

Last Updated:

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Last night, my wife and I lost service for about two hours. I tried to call our DINCs from the home phone and I kept getting an automated message saying "all circuits were busy".

This is where it gets weird. When I tried to call out from my DINC, it would start dialing, then simply stop and say "call ended". During this apparent outage, CityID (worst crapware ever!) reactivated itself after a month and a half of being done with my trial (got the DINC on 4/29). Even though my calls weren't going through, CityID was identifying the location of the numbers I was trying to call.

After a couple hours, service resumed, everything was fine and CityID stopped working again (thankfully). When I go to my call history, all the numbers that I tried to call during that time have the city and state information from CityID. All the numbers before and after do not? Weird!

I thought after the two week trial it was supposed to go dormant? I hope it never reactivates again as it has never, not once, been correct regarding the location of the number calling.

Advertisement
  2. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

Mine was working fine, as far as I know... I was texting until about 12:30 ET. that's only 9:30 in CA, so maybe your problem occurred after I went to sleep.

When I woke up I had all my emails and texts from the night too, so I don't know. Can you specify what times (with time zone) you experienced this?

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Happened between 8:00 - 9:30 in Norcal. My main issue was that CityID seemed to reactivate. I went through my trial period in early May and was under the impression it went dormant after you declined to sign up. I'm curious as to why it reactivated and hope it never happens again.