No service in school

Last Updated:

1. Private

Private Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i dont have a sprint phone, but my friends that have sprint say that they do not get service. is this true for the evo? if it is how can i get service.

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

That's not an EVO issue. If there's no service at your school then there's nothing you can really do about that. My school is built like a bunker and I get no service in any of my classrooms so I just use Wifi which can be spotty too for me.

3. Private

Private Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is it true for all carriers?

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

No...it depends on the building and if there's any towers in the area.

5. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Its relative to your location. At my school, ATT people have to go outside to check voicemail, while VZW and Sprint are fine. In other places its the opposite. No network can cover you 100% of the time.

6. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

At the high school my daughter attended they intentionally built the school so that you could not make cell phone calls. All calls were made from landlines unless you went outside of the school and walked a little bit away from the buildings, so it is possible that in certain schools there would be absolutely no cell reception available.

7. vide infra

vide infra Well-Known Member

check this webiste:

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

you can put the address of anywhere you go normally and it will tell you how the coverage is.

8. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

schools may also invest in things to block cell signal i know of a school around me that did that but they had to stop blocking the signal in case of emergency's and someone needed to use a cell phone.

9. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

Cell signal blockers are a violation of FCC rules, so I wouldn't believe any of the myths that pass around the schools.

I think it's more in the design of the building. Even with a tower right outside the building, there's only so much steel and concrete a 1.9GHz signal can penetrate. With a lot of the schools designed for other purposes (like hurricane shelters in my state), they are usually built tough.

But then, you're not in school to use your cell phone. You're there to learn, right?