No Service - Orange 2.1 HeroSupport

Last Updated:

1. franners

franners Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, my Orange UK Hero upgrade to 2.1 went well. Problem since then though with the device losing all mobile signal after a period. I go to use the phone and notice no service at all. Reboot and it finds network immediately and all fine. Any thoughts? It is a royal pain with me having to check if it is in coverage or not. Other Orange phones in same location (my house) are fine.

Advertisement
  2. ShaqArif

ShaqArif Member

Had the same issue with my 3 branded phone - upgraded to 2.1, and was fine for about an hour, and then no signal - no mobile data, nothing. Took the battery out and restarted, and since then, (last two days) it's been okay. I suppose you've tried that?

3. franners

Have removed battery and will see if it fixes it.

4. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member

hi franners. I have the exact same problem mate. Maybe twice a week now I have to restart the phone to get a signal.

ever since the update some of my texts won't send - even when I have full bars - and it takes a few automatic retries before the text finally sends.

5. sebsal

sebsal Well-Known Member

Got exactly the same problem. Texts no sending when I have a full signal and no mobile data randomly

6. Garybrazier

Garybrazier Member

Same problem here with messages not sending on my Orange 2.1.
    It's a great phone for most things but not so good for it's main purpose which, Incase anyone forgot is a phone:)

7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Just something off the top of my head.... if you're having issues with SMS check that your APN settings have migrated correctly here.

8. Faqade

Faqade Active Member

My Hero wouldn't make or receive any calls the past couple of days, it kept saying 'network busy'. Mobile internet was having problems too although texts were sending and receiving fine. I'm in North Wales on Orange, I assume it was a problem with Orange somewhere? Seem to be working ok now.

9. mattdanielc

well I'm glad it's not just me suffering with this!! Damned Orange - I'm definitely leaving them after this 2.1 fiasco... and I have to say I probably won't get a HTC either again...even though I do love my Hero.

10. mattdanielc

This problem is getting really bad now. It's stopping my txts loads - but even when I just want to check football results on 'fotmob' and I have 3 or 4 bars of signal... it won't connect now.

Can't wait to get a new phone in 15 months time :(

11. philc387

philc387 Active Member

Hi, I was having problems with signal as well after the 2.1 update. I would have no signal whatsoever but would then turn the phone off and on and then the signal would be really strong. Also I had problems with my phone saying messages hadn't been sent so I would send them again only to find that they had actually sent the first time so people were receiving my messages twice or more. I'd been having a couple of other problems with my gmail account and not being able to save contacts, and the phone was just generally a lot slower than I had expected it would be after the update. I read in one of the threads that a factory reset would solve one of the problems so I decided to do it a few days ago. I know people think its just a massive hastle and I know we shouldn't have to do it to get a working phone but I honestly think its made a difference. My signal has been a lot better since I did a reset and the other small problems have been fixed as well. The only things I lost were my messages but I'm not bothered about that anyway. I had to re-install all my apps of course but this was actually a good thing as it made me really look at which apps I needed and which were just taking up space unnecessarily. As I installed new ones I made a note of how it affected lag and if it made it worse I uninstalled it straight away. There is still sometimes some really tiny bits of lag but nothing like before and I do think it has improved my signal. Hope this can help someone else

12. franners

Worth a try. For me a battery removal seemed to fix it as not been happening since I did that 2 or so weeks ago