No service problemSupport

1. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

I bought my sister this phone 5 moths ago and its been working great, but yesterday as she went into a town with no service the service went away and has still not come back. I had her take the battery out for 10 minutes after just powering it off did not do anything, then we went to eat somewhere and I had her take it out for the amount of time we were out and still nothing.

This morning after having been charging all night says its January 5th 5:10 PM (though right now it is 7/29 10:34 AM

I have seen a similar thing with my iPod touch when that dies, it sets the date and time to Dec 31st 1969 12:01 .. and then it can't do anything unless you fix the date and time.

Could this be whats causing the problem? if so how would I fix it since there is no setting for the date and time other than the format, or does anyone know what else could be causing this?

Thank you

Advertisement
    :
  2. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

I've been having a similar problem. By my local college, the signal just goes on and off, on and off. I put it in airplane mode for a half minute then out again, works for a minuteish then cuts out again!