• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Show on the FroYo

TXDroid

Lurker
Jan 21, 2010
I'm curious as to how the updates get pushed out. My roommate and I both have Droids. He purchased his months after I got mine. The other day, he awoke to find that 2.2 had already been sent to his phone. Mine on the other hand, still shows it's "up to date" and no updates are available.

Why would certain Droids get 2.2 and others are stuck on 2.1 Update 1?

I'm curious as to how the updates get pushed out. My roommate and I both have Droids. He purchased his months after I got mine. The other day, he awoke to find that 2.2 had already been sent to his phone. Mine on the other hand, still shows it's "up to date" and no updates are available.

Why would certain Droids get 2.2 and others are stuck on 2.1 Update 1?
Because the update gets pushed out in waves over a period of a week or so. This way, it's far easier to deal with tech support issues should they arise.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones