No sign of official Jellybean in UK on horizon :(General

1. robdy2k

robdy2k Active Member

Here are some tweets between myself and O2 in the UK;

RobDY2K ‏@robdy2k
    @O2 Hi,any news on if the #Samsung #SGS2 will get a official #Android #Jellybean release through #O2 UK on schedule before month end please?
    Collapse Reply Delete Favorite More
    1:18 PM - 29 Nov 12

Advertisement
    :
  2. tonybear

tonybear Member

I am also with O2 in the UK and their reply doesn't surprise me in the slightest. However I am already running Jelly Bean on my SGS2, well the leaked 4.1.2 release anyway.

You should read the thread "Jelly Bean firmware unofficial release" and install it from there. It's the first time I had tried anything like that with my phone and it went without a hitch, all done and dusted in less than 30 minutes. I highly recommend that you do it as it's like getting a whole new phone, an S3 in a smaller package!
  3. keith1210mk2

keith1210mk2 Active Member

I am also with O2 in the UK and their reply doesn't surprise me in the slightest. However I am already running Jelly Bean on my SGS2, well the leaked 4.1.2 release anyway.

You should read the thread "Jelly Bean firmware unofficial release" and install it from there. It's the first time I had tried anything like that with my phone and it went without a hitch, all done and dusted in less than 30 minutes. I highly recommend that you do it as it's like getting a whole new phone, an S3 in a smaller package![/QUOTE]

Could You possibly post a link to that thread?

Many thanks.