No Signal Killing Phones Battery !!Help!!Support

Last Updated:

1. celticfc482

celticfc482 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is ridiculous that my phone having no signal should drain the battery down in hours with no use at all, i leave it at nights waking up in the morning, the batterys at 1% and the phone doesnt come on, surely theres a way so it doesnt use this much, before someone says its looking for a network all the time, every other normal phone doesnt do this, well at least to this extent, is there a way around it, im having to put it in airplane mode, which means i cant recieve anything during the night, not a great solution either

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I found my desk at work is right between brilliant 2g signal, and terrible 3g signal. It would spend half the day wasting battery trying to improve the 3g signal, and then reverting back to 2g.

I enabled GSM only, and now have 40% battery left when before it would be dead

3. codral

codral Well-Known Member

yeh, what seems to kill my phones is searching for a network, and yeh it's generally the switching between normal and 3g networks. you can disable the 3g and it will stop searching, and help your battery... but you'll need to turn it on later

4. WigglesGRN

WigglesGRN Well-Known Member

if you know your in an area where you have no signal, switch to air-plain mode as it will stop the phone actively searching for a signal which is the main cause of battery killing, also if your not using the mobile internet connection TURN IT OFF your, battery will will thank you for it too

5. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

I don't want to state the obvious but if this problem is happening overnight just put it on charge when you go to bed! its either that or start switching things off as the people above are suggesting. I'm afraid there is not going to be a better fix for this one.

6. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

Poor signal will always kill a battery life..Thats always an issue with mobile phones!.

You have to bare in mind, when you lose signal, it has to boost the DB's to try to find the signal again.

Nothing HTC can really do about that. You need to look at operators for that one..Atleast Orange and T-Mobile are trying to do something with it though :)