No signal on wifi tether with BB Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator This Topic's Starter

I launch the wifi tether program, but my laptop (a whopping 6 inches away) finds NO SIGNAL. I am running Bugless Beast 0.1 Froyo with P3's 250-1000MHz kernel. Everything else works great, including Flash 10.1 but I can't seem to get wifi tethering working. Not a show-stopper, but a nuisance I would like to fix. Anyone else with this problem? And have any of you figured out a fix? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Same problem...and i need this tomorrow because I'll be at ATL airport and as big as they are...god forbid they give out free wifi! I mean Froyo DOES come with USB Tethering which works great but i like wifi tether better lol...And my Flash 10.1 doesn't work...oh well

EDIT: I just flashed a P3 kernel: 250-1100 one and still nothing...

3. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure, but I believe WiFi is still broken in the leaked versions of 2.2. my flash works fine over 3g, but errors out over WiFi. I don't tether but I'm betting its the same issue.

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i have wifi tether working on my bb 2.2 what version wireless tether are you using?
    i am using v2.02-pre7.

try to uninstall it and reinstall so it gains su permission.

The_Chief likes this.
  5. Droid_Ninja

Droid_Ninja Well-Known Member

I used the P3Droid Kernels and everything works perfect on my end! I am at BB 2.2 @ 1.2 MGHZ and also installed the Wireless Tether APK. My phone just screams through programs like a deaf banshee in the dark, who just found that she won the lottery! I have yet to see how my Battery life is, but I am usually near an outlet or have my spare Battery with me

6. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Ok, one of the updates I made since last night corrected the WiFi functionality. I can now browse and stream flash via WiFi. newest froyo p3 kernels, flash release 2, and latest BB frf57. yay, but holy moley flash works the system hard. can you say HOT?

7. The_Chief

Success! I uninstalled, reinstalled pre-8 and am writing this over the Android Tether connection right now. THANKS SO MUCH for making my phone a roaring success! :D

8. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

glad you got it working. :)

9. boarder

boarder Member

i tried everything im using bugless beast v0.1 with p3 kernals all is fine but wifi tethering tried pre-7 and pre-8 i et no errors starts up asks for permission and looks like its working but doesn't

NEVER MIND I GOT IT TO WORK

10. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I'm glad you got the issue figured out.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you prefer wireless tethering over wired?

I feel like if I'm plugged in on my laptop (say at an airport), I might as well plug in the phone (so it charges), and just slap on the wired tethering.

Also, I don't have to worry about encrypting my access point so other people don't try to connect.

Froyo makes wired tethering a breeze. It's under settings, wireless & networks, tethering.

11. The_Chief

No preference, really. Just makes it a cool toy with total bragging rights :D

Wired tethering makes more sense but the COOL factor is on wifi-tethering. That's all!

12. one4u2nv

one4u2nv Well-Known Member

For some reason now mine is messing up. Worked fine up until today. It shows that I am connected with the computer, but it never pulls an IP. My Droid never gives me a notification that anything is connected either.

Edit: I did a fixperm and it started working again.