• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Signal

My Desire doesnt seem to be getting any signal what so ever, this is not a low signal problem this is a "I dont have any sort of signal anywhere in liverpool I go"

It wont even ring 999 :/ It said before when I went to settings and then mobile networks something about the radio being off :/

I went to the hidden settings and it said radio was on, I did a factory reset and still nothing :/

Its an unrooted Orange Desire with the stock 2.2

If you do a network search can you see any networks at all? Just want to check whether it's a reception problem or a problem connecting.

Sometimes these things are network problems, such as an HLR outage (which will affect certain number ranges, so can cut off some subscribers but not others), but a quick net search isn't showing any reports of such a thing at the moment.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't have thought that an app could do that on an unrooted phone, and you've already done a factory reset. And the contract SIM not working in another phone??

But does it find any networks if you do a network search? I know it can't register on them, but are they visible? If not that would suggest that there's really a problem with reception rather than connecting (but in that case why would the SIM not work in a different handset?).

Did you test the PAYG worked in a different handset before putting it in the Desire? And does it work in the other phone afterwards?

What were you doing shortly before it started?

Really just trying to work out what is going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones