No SIM Card on Bionic errorSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sewer Dweller

Sewer Dweller Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Bionic I bought off from eBay (supposedly with a bad IMEI, but it turned out to be good) not rooted, stock software but I never tried to insert my LTE sim card in it as I first just wanted to experiment with it.
    The only thing I had done with it was root it, install a few emulators and load up a few roms but then today I actually did insert my SIM card, it wouldn't read it. I inserted another non 4G LTE sim card into the phone and it gave me 2 errors (No SIM Card or SIM Not Recognized) then I tried re-insert the Verizon LTE sim card and still it wouldn't recognize it. Then it came to me, just do a factory reset. I was hesitant, but I did it and it worked. The phone is still rooted and my original 4G sim now works on both Bionic phones (rooted phone and non-rooted). The Rooted Bionic was the phone originally having issues with reading the SIM. The Un-Rooted works fine.

What I'm trying to get at is if there is a possible issue with the reading of the SIM card on the Bionic?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

It may be something wrong with that particular device, which is why it was being sold as a bad imei, the previous owner may not have known it was just s bad Sim card socket....