No SIM insertedSupport

Last Updated:

1. nick16934

nick16934 Member This Topic's Starter

My X10 keeps coming up with this warning - even though the sim IS in the phone. Only seems to happen when I 'wake' the phone up.

Calls also seem to randomly disconnect after a few seconds even when I have a good-ish signal. Only seems to happen on Orange though (and of course they deny there is any problem).

Advertisement
  2. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

How long you had the phone? If you can....exchange it for a new one. I had the same problem. Would often display this message or "No Service" on Vodafone - unbranded phone. Used the Vod sim in a diff phone, no probs, an O2 sim in the phone and, I don't remember it saying No Sim, but did often come up with No Service. I gave up and got it exchanged and no problems since. I also applied the latest update a day after I got it though.
    If you haven't already and are able to, update the phone to the latest update (ends in 020, or 023 - either way, 020 or above from 014 or 016). See if that helps, if not, try and get it exchanged, like I said, since I got mine exchanged I've had no problems :).

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The wonderful :eek: technical help desk at T-Mobile told me to bend the sim very slightly (and very gently!) to ensure good contacts. Was a bit dubious but have to say it worked!

4. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Really? Hmm, will keep that in mind. Or maybe that's why mine works now :s. My partner said my sim card looked a bit bent already lol.