1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

No Skype for Android?

Last Updated:

1. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders Member This Topic's Starter

At Skypes official mobile app page, Skype is only available for Symbian and iPhone:
    Skype for Symbian phones

...there actually is an Android app (and BlackBerry), but only for Verizon users :)mad:). Does anyone know if/when Skype will be released for ALL Android phones? :confused: I've searched this forum and others, but no definitive answer...
    Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Some time ago, when the first Skype Beta was removed from their website they said they would introduce it again, but no one ever confirmed when and it has been quite a long time since with no information about this.

The only thing you can do is use Nimbuzz or apps similar to it depending on what you want to do.

3. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

RadioRaiders likes this.
  4. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders Member This Topic's Starter

Great! ...and thanks for the fast replies! :) I have alot of family/friends on Skype, so it's an important app to me. When I saw Sykpe was on Symbian I dusted off my old Nokia N95 and started using it again :D ...and the fact Symbian supported Skype was making me look at Symbian again as my next device. But if it's coming to Android, then I may skip Symbian...

Oh, can anyone reccommend a SIP/VOIP client for Android? I downloaded 3CX and VoipBuster, but I was having trouble getting either to work :eek: I have SipPhone accounts, but wouldn't mind opening a VoipBuster (or whoever) account, but it wasn't letting me register :mad:

5. Ak17

Ak17 Member

I use Nimbuzz as it integrates with Skype contacts and credit.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Why not install Skype and try?