• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "No sleep" problem on JC1

I've done some test today, my conclusion that the sleep problem is caused by GPS and Wireless network location.

I rebooted phone, Phone sleeps.
Turned on GPS, started GPStest and got a fix, turned off GPS... phones doesn't sleep.
Did the same with Maps and Wireless network location.. same result.
Rebooted, didn't touch GPS whole day, phones slept like a baby.
This was repeated to confirm.

Upvote 0
On JB2 we had the no sleep issue for a week but after switching off wireless location and 'allow google to use locaion' it has been sleeping fine, but what id like to know about JC1 is if the unbarabley slowness has been fixed. After using JB2 for a few days it now takes about 15 seconds to open spareparts and even opening a txt message takes ages. Has anybody seen this on JC1?

Upvote 0
What phone version do you run?

Code:
PDA: I7500XXJC1
Phone: I7500XXJB2
H/W: MP 0.400
RFCallDate: 2009.06.28
CSC: I7500ITVJC1

By the way, I _haven't_ set 'allow google to use location'.

However, if the 'wireless location' setting really fixes the bug for you, does 'wireless location' work for you? (for me it works fine). Otherwise it might be a bug where your phone encounters an error trying to compute a location. Maybe the location reported by some gsm antennae is faulty?

I think everyone with the bug should write in which country and with which service provider they have this problem, that might shed more light on the source of the problem.

Upvote 0
Well, i posted this allready elsewhere, but my location provider is flooding my log... even when iam not get hit by the sleep bug.

D/dalvikvm( 3969): GC freed 118 objects / 5768 bytes in 117ms
D/NetworkLocationProvider( 162): onCellLocationChanged [26,56516]
D/NetworkLocationProvider( 162): onCellLocationChanged [26,56506]
D/dalvikvm( 162): GC freed 26359 objects / 1615520 bytes in 266ms
D/dalvikvm( 162): GC freed 25341 objects / 1629768 bytes in 426ms
D/dalvikvm( 162): GC freed 26628 objects / 1624312 bytes in 268ms

Upvote 0
FYI, I'm now at home and my phone is just lying next to my computer. I've received a couple onCellLocationChanged messages and a load of GC lines, but now after a few minutes, no new log entries have been generated. When I press the HOLD button, I get some new log lines about processes that are started and stopped again, but then it goes back to good old idle.
I assume that maybe you live in a location where it's hard for the phone to decide where it actually is (maybe just in between of two gsm antennae, or so)...

Upvote 0
Nah, i live in a big city where my cell provider is located. I have full coverage.

I never had these message on 1.5 Roms.. I tried also to change the mobile network. (diff. provider, different frequences) and the log flood remains.

and btw iam pretty sure that these log entrys are not really keeping the phone from sleeping, because i have them always even when the sleep bug does not appear.

Upvote 0
Code:
PDA: I7500XXJC1
Phone: I7500XXJB2
H/W: MP 0.400
RFCallDate: 2009.06.28
CSC: I7500ITVJC1
By the way, I _haven't_ set 'allow google to use location'.

However, if the 'wireless location' setting really fixes the bug for you, does 'wireless location' work for you? (for me it works fine). Otherwise it might be a bug where your phone encounters an error trying to compute a location. Maybe the location reported by some gsm antennae is faulty?

I think everyone with the bug should write in which country and with which service provider they have this problem, that might shed more light on the source of the problem.

Network location works fine but after an application the phone stops sleeping. If no application has used it the phone sleeps good.
How do i get the extra version info? (i use *#1234# and get only 3 pda, phone and CSC).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones