No/Slow Google Voice text/GMail Notification?Support

Last Updated:

1. MattIsGreat

MattIsGreat Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having a problem with Google Voice. When I get an incoming text, I don't get any notification for it. I have inbox notifications checked, but it doesn't happen until I manually open the GV inbox, or sometimes not until I open the inbox and the specific conversation the message was a part of. This is true, even 8 hours later. So if I don't check my GV inbox/conversations for 8 hours, the phone gives me no notification of a message. I know this is not normal because a month ago I was having no problem with this. Could it be that I started using ADW Launcher a couple weeks ago? I haven't heard of any issues with this caused by ADW before...

Another thing I've experienced weird is the Gmail app... This morning I received 2 e-mails at about 7 and 8 a.m., though again I got no notification in the status bar and I had no idea I'd received the e-mails until I manually checked the Gmail app, even though notifications are enabled. This hasn't been a problem until a couple days ago.

Thirdly, sometimes a friend will text my GV number and it will send to make phone's message inbox, not to GV... This only happens with one contact, and even then not all the time. My friend says he sends all of the texts to the same number, but I suspect he has my old number still in his phonebook and sometimes he just selects the wrong number, so I don't suspect it to be related, but this issue started happening at the same time as the other notification issues, so I thought I should include it.

I would be very grateful for any help/advice you guys could provide! Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. MattIsGreat

MattIsGreat Member This Topic's Starter

I also forgot to mention, I get my GV notifications in google chrome when they are sent, but still no notification from the phone until I manually open the GV inbox/conversation.