• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no sound after using audio jack in my truck

MinConst

Dec 29, 2009
I plugged my Moto Droid into my truck today and used it for navagation. Sounded great. Later after I unplugged it and tried to make a call on the phone there was no audio coming from the phone. I had to reboot the phone to get it back. I think I read somthing about this someplace. I kinda remember something about the switch sticking in the audio jack. I've only used this jack twice now and the phone is only a month or so old. Is this a known issue?
Thanks
Min

I hate to say it but the audio jacks on these phones suck. I can only listen to music with mine in one ear, because the left channel doesn't play unless I am constantly pushing in on the aux input.

A lot of people have had issues and problems with the jack, and many have returned the phones for replacements. Personally I don't really use the aux jack much, so I'm not going to bother. I'm still using my first unit and I'm afraid to switch to anything else because I don't want to go through the hassle of possibly having legitimately bad devices.

Upvote 0
It's pretty common unfortunately. One of the devs at, ah, another forum wrote an app that reroutes sound back to the earpiece for people experiencing it, so they wouldn't need to restart or try anything tricky.

There's debate over whether its hardware or software, from what I've seen. Anyhow, I had to return my first droid for assorted aux port issues, and haven't had any since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones