No sound from headphonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. DHILL

DHILL New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a set of beats headphones they worked great on my desire but know they dont work (they work on other devices including my wifes desire)What can i do to solve this problem?Do i need to reset my phone to factory settings?and will reseting the phone resolve this problem?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Do any other headphones work on your desire?

3. DHILL

I have tried other headphones and they dont work on my desire but do work on other devices.The problem is the phone.

4. SUroot

Ok, Since I assume you have checked all your media volumes etc are turned up, when you plug the headphones in, does the headphone symbol appear in the status bar as usual? If you're playing music through teh speaker and insert the headphones, does the music stopplaying through the speaker?

Have you checked the headphone and USB sockets to ensure they are clear? as in no pocket lint or paper bits in there?

If it is a software issue (which we are yet to determine) a factory reset MAY help, but it's too early to tell.

5. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I had this yesterday, a simple reboot solved it for me :D

6. DHILL

The headphone symbol does not appear and the phone speaker volume remains the same when the headphones are connected.I think maybe the reboot may be the answer!

7. SUroot

Yeah probably. I had a weird day where all my calls automatically came through on speakerphone for no reason. Odd things happen with sound on this phone. Reboot cleared this for me too. Never happened since either.