• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No sound from my music...

There are two sound settings: one is the sounds the phone makes such as alerts, ringtones, etc. The other is for media, which includes music, movies, etc. Just because your phone volume is all the way up, it doesn't mean your media one is as well. When the song starts playing, hit the "+" key on the phone and see if the slider was all the way off the whole time.

That should fix it. I can't see it being anything else.

Upvote 0
called myself and just got vibrate but looked in my settings and volumes are both all the way up and silent mode is off....so confused right now...and im IT go figure

Try restarting the phone and see if it does anything.

You also may want to plug in and unplug something from the headphone jack and see if that changes anything. That used to happen to me on another phone, kind of like getting the Alt or control keys stuck on a keyboard.

If none of that works, try retransferring a song or two to see if it helps.

You could also try the youtube app and see if you can get sound out of that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones