• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No sound from speaker

nizdobs

Lurker
Dec 18, 2014
My wife has a Moto E and it just started exhibiting an odd behavior where there is no sound from the speaker. The ringer doesn't ring and media played through speakers can't be heard. If I plug a headset into the headphone jack I can hear the ringer and any media being played.

I had a phone in the past that exhibited similar behavior. It would exhibit this behavior after I had used the headphones and it still thought the headphones were attached even after they had been removed. I would use a toothpick to clear out any debris and give it a blast of compressed air and all would be well. However, my wife says that she had never used headphones with this phone and the toothpick trick yielded no results.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

This happened to me once on another phone.

I got Audio Customizer from the store and found that something caused my system volume to be set to zero.

Try it out.

- Dave

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-31-18-27-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-31-18-27-23.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
Thank you both for your responses. I have certainly played with the volume settings, tried the volume rockers, and have downloaded numerous sound apps, including the audio customizer. Still no sound.

No, the phone is not in airplane mode. My wife had been making calls throughout.

Bummer.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Have you checked in Settings:Sound??? Look at Volumes and all the other toggles available.

Did you somehow put the phone in Airplane mode???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones