• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No sound from speakers and bluetooth disconnecting

XeroChance

Lurker
Jan 16, 2017
Howdy folks,

I have a Samsung Note 4 (SM-N910T), NOT rooted, and running Android 6.0.1. I have no real qualms about this phone other than recently my speakers no longer produce sound and the bluetooth disconnects every 30 minutes or so. I am not sure if these problems are related either. There was no notice of sound degradation or sign of the speaker going to fail soon. It just stopped. I have gone so far as reformatting the phone just in case it was a problem caused by an app. I did recently acquire an android watch, but I checked for sound before I paired the watch and phone together. Sound DOES play through bluetooth and AUX. As far as the bluetooth disconnecting, it is across all bluetooth devices.

I have tried plugging an AUX cable in and unplugging, checking the phone for moisture (the little sticker is still white), and reformatting. Nothing so far.

Please, any help would be appreciated! My Google-fu has not turned up any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones