no sound in during calls

Last Updated:

1. rhaven

rhaven Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    Whenever I make or receive a call I do not get any audio. The other person can hear me but I cannot hear them. This happens with the phone as well as when using sipdroid and nimbuzz. I have tried switching to speaker phone as well as using the headset. I have also restored to factory defaults but it still happens.
    I know the sound still works because I can hear the phone ringing on the other side, but once the phone is picked up the sound stops
    help is greatly appreciated!
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

I know this is silly, but just to be sure - have you tried increasing the volume using the two volume buttons on the side?

3. rhaven

Hi, yea before the call I raise it to max and during the call I raise it to max.

4. rhaven

could deleting some folders on the SD card help to reset some setting that went wonky?
    Any ideas that could get the sound working are really welcome, sound works for music as well as ringtones and alarms

5. rhaven

bump
    any ideas really! I really have to get my phone working

6. rhaven

Hi, for anyone who reads this post later looking for a solution: I believe the problem originates from Nimbuzz. I was able to get sound working after reseting my HTC hero and not installing Nimbuzz. It may suffice to simply uninstall Nimbuzz
    Related posting: Archos 5 - Android 1.6 - Nimbuzz on Skype - no sound