No sound in videosSupport

Last Updated:

1. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just realized this problem. When i play back videos taken with the evo's camera, there is no sound. anyone else having this problem and know of a way to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

Do you hold the phone in which it blocks the mic when recording? Do you have media volume on mute? How far is the object you are trying to film?

The mic is pretty bad at picking up sounds, make sure you aren't blocking it... Does it have sound on the computer when playing back?

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

If you're referring to playback on your PC, it's because you're missing a codec somewhere on the PC.

If you're running Windows, google for "MPEG4 codec" and if you're on a Mac, then go get Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime components

If you're on Linux, I'd be surprised if you have this issue - the audio codec is actually AMR.

If you want a good package to convert the .3gp file into something more popular for everyone you're sharing with, such as H.264, then I'd recommend Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows - and follow the codec advice.

4. dylan88

i did a test video where i talk directly into the mic and nothing. i am just playing the video on my phone. all volume is max.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

There is a setting to enable sound recording on videos. make sure that is enabled.

dylan88 and EarlyMon like this.
  7. dylan88

wow. cant believe i didnt notice that. thank you

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yea, I really dont know why that option is there. I mean, why would you shoot a video but not want sound?