• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Sound on Galaxy Trend Plus

zancek0

Lurker
Jan 17, 2016
Hi. First of all I put this in S3 subforum because I couldnt find one for Trend. Now I'll try to make this as short as possible. Few days ago, all of a sudden (and I dont even know when exactly) my phone wasnt producing any sound at all. I dont recall my phone falling on the ground or any updates. It just stopped working, however it could vibrate and also I could receive calls and actually hear the person, which is kind of weird. This lasted a day when I decided to reset the phone to the factory settings (after attempting many fixes..). I also tried the headphones method but found out that it wont even recognize them unless I press really hard. After factory reset it still woulnt work. So yesterday after jamming my headphones in and out, and trying the Adapt Sound option it suddenly started working. Ofc I was suprised and all. Then I went flashing Cyanogenmod and everything worked smoothly etc. Well, later my phone slipped and fell on the ground. Immediately sound stopped working again. Again I tried all the possible solutions that I found on the internet but none worked. However now my phone absolutely doesnt recognize headphones (before it kinda did). Calls are working though. What should I do (still using cyanogenmod)? I tried: wiping cache, factory reset, all sound options, removed the cover and tapped around the speaker, tried to get rid of dust in headphone port. So is there anything else I can try myself? Thanks for suggestions! (sorry for the big text block)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones