• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dodyryda

Lurker
Feb 7, 2014
Hi..
hoping someone may have an idea about this one ..
so I upgraded my Samsung S3 LTE 9305 to v 4.3 recently. ever since the phone seems to randomly lock out the receiver so when you make or try to answer the call you can't hear unless you flick it to loud speaker... pretty annoying..
anyway I sort of found a fix.... by going into the hidden menu *#0*# and pressing the receiver button a tone sounds. I exit out of here and lo and behold I can hear during calls. trouble is the problem reappears... it seems to be when the phone gets lower on power but there is no way of telling.. The hidden menu fix sorts of tells me the underlying hardware is fine and its software related..
am I the only one to experience this? any other work arounds? shall I buy an iphone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones