no sound through the headphones of the Epic 4 G?Support

Last Updated:

1. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear New Member This Topic's Starter

Admittedly, I'm old...but not really stupid. What's the trick with getting sound through the headphones? :confused: Just inserting them won't do it? Help an old dog learn a new trick? Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. Charles C

Charles C Well-Known Member

Inserting them should just do it, but I have found (at least on mine) that the headphone jack is pretty tight and the headphones may not be all the way in even if it feels like they are.

3. boomerbubba

boomerbubba Well-Known Member

Some users report that aftermarket cases on the phone can interfere with inserting the plug all the way into the jack.

4. ThatsNoUser

ThatsNoUser Member

Try rebooting your phone. I've had this problem a few times, the headphone jack just stops working, and changing volume levels and toggling silent does nothing, but a reboot has immediately fixed it every time.

5. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Do you have the headphone plug fully seated? I just tried mine and it was very difficult pushing it down all the way in. Make sure they are fully inserted.

6. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. The headphone jack is very tight, and you may think it's fully seated, but it's not. Go ahead and push the jack until the plastic portion of it is touching the phone.