No sound when making or answering callSupport

Last Updated:

1. grenet

grenet Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I've had my phone for about 3 weeks now and yesterday I started to get a strange problem with my Desire. I'm having problems making or answering a call. There is no sound when I put the phone to my head. The volume is turned right up. If I use the headphone it works ok and also if I put it on loud speaker it works.

I have tried doing a factory reset but still same problem. The person on the other end can hear me talking, but I cant hear anything even the other end ringing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you heard of a fix?

Heeeeellllllpppp

It's a top phone and I will be dissapointed if I have to send it back for any amount of time.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sjrw

sjrw New Member

Had mine 12 month. It has just done the same. Exactly. I have no idea how to fix it. Please help.

3. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Sounds like the speaker has gone. Needed mine replaced last year. Worth trying a reboot though - battery out when phone switched on.

4. bunny3

bunny3 New Member

i have the same problem right now,somebody plz help me...... I'm having problems making or answering a call. There is no sound when I put the phone to my head. The volume is turned right up. If I use the headphone it works ok and also if I put it on loud speaker it works...htc desire hd.........

5. Pawnie

Pawnie New Member

Have had my Desire for almost 2 years now and it's starting showing the same symptoms as described above even with volume settings high enough though.
    I can normally hear the other side switching the loudspeaker on though. Increasing the volume during the call seems to fix the issue, too.

chitrapanta likes this.