1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support no sound

1. karma

karma New Member

I'm not getting any sound through the speaker, no music or ringtones or anything. I can hear on the phone and with earphones in, and if I blow throw the back of the phone it works then stops. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Sounds like a loose wire or bad solder joint ...
  3. karma

karma New Member

Well I was going to open it up and look but I cant unscrew it without voiding the warrenty. Will have to send it to Vodafone I suppose
  4. ojerez

ojerez New Member

Hello friends. A mi me has been the same, the Magic did not play any sound through the rear speaker. I tested with different ROM and still not working. I have to send it for service.
    A greeting
  5. deefairy

deefairy New Member

tried searching through the forums nothing found ....
    I have the HTC Magic,

Dropped the phone, finally realised external speaker is not working

Won't play ringtones, audio music files, music on internet.
    Can ring people and can hear them fine and vice versa
    ...i mean its not the end of the world I can still use the phone and rely on vibrate but VERY annoying.

I wouldn't be afraid to open it but...if someone could guide me how to do that. Its not a software problem, I did a hard reset, no change. Its a hardware problem.