No soundSupport

Last Updated:

1. RUBZERK

RUBZERK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

can you elaborate?

when i upgraded to ICS, i was getting no notifications when an email/text/etc would come in, no ringtones when a call would come in, no nothing. did a hard reset. everything's all puppies and sunshine now :)

3. james98520

james98520 Well-Known Member

Hmm..would been interesting to at least see what the issue and resolution was.

4. CGBatch

CGBatch New Member

I get no notification or ringtone either. I'd rather not do a hard reset though as I'd have to redownload all my apps, correct? With a hard reset would I lose texts too?

5. james98520

james98520 Well-Known Member

Have you gone into the audio settings and checked to make sure it's not thinking wired speakers are hooked up instead of using the phone speakers? Also have you rebooted? I noticed after I installed ICS and was playing some music through an external speaker and then unplugged them the phone did not revert back to stock speakers. Since then I manually switched the one time, and rebooted (not factory or hard reset) and have been good to go since.

On a side note, I believe a hard reset would delete your texts; however, I could be wrong. Never tried it even with a sms backup program.

6. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

well, technically, all of your apps would be re-downloaded automatically ;) but yes, you'd lose your texts unless you back them up. your sd card stays in tact during a factory reset, so you could try to back them up there...but i've never backed up my texts, so i can't speak from experience.

7. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen. I don't know for sure how it corrected, but it seems to be fine now.

Off topic, my latest kink, has been my browser locking up. It took 3 reboots last night to finally get it cleared.

I am trying to avoid a reset also, but am getting more tempted each day.