• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No space left on phone

HPM

Lurker
Jul 15, 2014
I have an Xperia J (Sony). Every time an app has to be updated it says that there is no more space left on the phone. So I have to uninstall the app - and install it again..... what? Can I please get some help? Is this problem common to all android phones? Do I really need to buy Iphone/ Windows phone to get rid of this stupid problem? I have 16GB SD card on the phone. Why doesn't it move the apps directly on to that?

It is probably just an ill-attributed cache partition. One that has been made too small. Sony Support once suggested an app called Cleanmaster that ought to work, I haven't tried it, to do some cleanup.

My personal solution has been to revert Google Play Services to the factory default. I haven't had much or any problems ever since, except that some apps complain about GPS not being up-to-date.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones