• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No space left on system partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffle129

Lurker
Jul 1, 2014
I have a Galaxy s2 rooted with a Cyanogenmod custom rom and recently i tried to use the app freedom and when i try to use it, it says "No Space Left On System Partition" I really want to use it but i can't. Should i maybe reflash the rom? But then i'd loose all my data. I've tried to delete some stuff on my phone, i even wiped cache and delvik cache. Help

What is "the app freedom", and why does it care if there is space in the system partition (as user apps aren't installed thete)? Just want to understand what you are trying to do.

You can reflash the same rom without wiping, in which case you don't lose anything _unless_ you have been moving user apps to /system, in which case you will lose those. Neither cache nor dalvik live in /system, so clearing those won't change this - if you need to create space in /system you need to remove system apps or flash a smaller ROM (and at that point you do need to wipe, so back up first).

Upvote 0
Freedom is like a Free In App Purchases program that let's you get stuff you have to pay for (In The App) For free It requires root. And gapps file was to big for my system partition so i had to get a micro gapps. And how do i remove system apps. And do you have a suggestion to a smaller rom like Cyanogenmod ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones